Monday, November 10, 2008

time difference

There is definately something to be said about a 12 hour time difference.
Could it be that I'm actually already having problems with it?

Here's the story:
"I am pleased to advise that you have been successful in gaining admission to the Study Abroad program at Murdoch University in 2009"

pause for shreiks of joy!

okay, so here's the problem. In the acceptance letter, let me just say that again--ACCEPTANCE (i feel like this experience has already changed me!!) I was told my student number. So I was instructed to go to the website and enter my student number and my birthdate (let me just remind you that in australia, I wasn't born may 8, 1989, I was born 8 May 1989--talk about confusing). So yeah, I was entering my student number and my birthdate and the system does not recognize my student number.

In this case, if it were not a 12 hour time difference, i would call them up and have them figure out why the system wasn't acknoledging me. Unfortunately, I entered my information at 5:30pm...meaning that at my future home, it was 5:30am. NO ONE WAS UP.

Thank god for e-mail, right?
hopefully they will get back to me as soon as possible and then I can get my murdoch e-mail address!

"We look forward to welcoming you to Murdoch University. The University staff will do all they can to make your period of enrolment (yes, they spell enrollment like that) here as happy, challenging, and fulfilling as possible!"

my life already feels different. let's get the show on the road.

No comments:

 
Hit Counters