Saturday, January 31, 2009

and the traveling begins...

I figured since I won’t see snow in about 8 months, I should probably document it so I remember how ridiculous it is.

Yesterday, it took me approximately a half hour to de-ice my car. That was when I realized how thankful I was to be going to a place where it’s summer-then I checked the weather for February 3rd; 113F! That, my friends, is not summer. That is DEATH! I wonder if I’ll be able to inhale, major weather shock. Also, major time shock. I’m pretty much relying on bon iver, the decemberists, and Tylenol® simply sleep. Also ‘On The Road’ by Jack Kerouac.
Not much has happened since my last post—except I’m not really scared anymore. A little nervous but now I’m more excited. I could just be really chill right now because I just had an acupuncture appointment. 1 needle in my forehead, one needle in my left ear, needles in my hands and feet. I’m so calm because of it.

Sidenote: IF YOU’RE READING THIS AND HAVE SKYPE, LET ME KNOW!
I want to keep in touch with as many people as possible.

I’m on the masspike with my mom driving to boston right now.
Then tomorrow I head to LA, and on Sunday, I head down under. Once I finished packing, I finally realized it was actually happening. Until then, everything just seemed far off, like it wasn’t actually going to happen. The actual concept of Australia seemed so foreign to me until yesterday afternoon after I zipped up my two suitcases. That was when I actually got sad. Chris came over lastnight and I had to say goodbye, which was terrible. I didn’t want the night to end, but it eventually had too. I’m glad I got to spend my last night at home with him.
I’d also like to point out that Australian money is so much prettier than American money.

Alright, my laptop’s about to die, so I should get going. I’ll post pictures of boston when I get there, and LA.
…and of course, the beautiful country of oz.

UPDATE:
i'm in boston with elyse and my parents. final night on the east coast =)

No comments:

 
Hit Counters